The Warwick Benevolent Society Inc has approximately 140 employees, most employees are engaged on a permanent part-time basis. As a provider of services 24 hours per day, 7 days per week, most positions require a commitment to rostered shifts covering all hours.
The Society employs:
- Registered Nurses
- Enrolled Nurses (Medications endorsed)
- Direct Care Workers (Personal Carers)
- Diversional Therapists
- Administrative Personnel, and a range of care support (hotel services) staff for
- catering, laundry, cleaning, maintenance and gardening services
All employees of the Society are covered by a Workplace Agreement together with certain mandatory minimum conditions under the Fair Work Act. The Workplace Agreement ensures that all employees are paid at a rate better than the current modern Awards relevant to their calling.
In addition, as a Public Benevolent Institution (PBI), the Society offers all permanent staff attractive Salary Sacrifice arrangements.
Management, together with all employees, have a shared mission – provision of quality residential and community aged care services. Employees are encouraged to actively contribute to the maintenance and continuous improvement of the care and care support services we provide to our residents and clients.
Registered Nurse (RN) & Enrolled Endorsed Nurses (EEN) – Part-time
Akooramak is a 100 bed, residential aged care service located in Warwick on the Southern Downs. The town is very community-focused, offering friendly country hospitality and set amongst beautiful scenery, with many festivals and unique local art exhibitions in the surrounding areas.
Our Mission: Provision of quality residential and community aged care services.
About the role
As a Registered Nurse or Endorsed Enrolled Nurse, you will provide person centred care to our residents with a team of carers. You will utilise your genuine passion for helping others to make a difference to our residents quality of life.
Your role will be varied with a focus on an excellent level of care for our residents including:
- Meeting the needs of the resident as identified in their care plan
- Prepare high quality care documentation
- Ensure safe medication administration
- Wound care and general care
- Adhere to all relevant legislative requirements and quality guidelines
About the benefits
Akooramak offers generous staffing incentives including above award wages and salary sacrificing benefits.
- Current AHPRA registration as either an RN or an EEN.
- IPC Qualification highly regarded.
- Current Covid vaccination
- Current National Police Check
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills